Built to Last

This weekend I was lucky enough to stumble across a clip for the documentary O'Mast by Gianluca Migliarotti, which highlighted a group of Neoplolitan tailors and the story of their trade. Watching the footage of these craftsman , I couldn't help but hope that somehow we could go back in time to when society had craftsman for every product and trade.

Being the eternal optimist that I am, I  believe that we are starting to see the deficit caused  by replacing quality with convenience as we see an emerging culture of young artisans emerging into the mainstream.

In the meantime, take a look at the link below and tell me what you think. Will we see a resurgence of  artisan appreciation in consumers in the near future ? Also, check back tomorrow for a special on artisanal foods ..with pics ! xo


O'MAST from Kid Dandy on Vimeo.

Comments

Popular Posts